Exemptions for commercial vehicles with existing finance agreements
If you have finance agreements on commercial vehicles that extend beyond the start date of the Clean Air Zone and meet one of the following criteria, you could apply for a temporary exemption permit:
- Are a company based at an address within the Clean Air Zone
- Keep or store vehicles overnight at an address within the Clean Air Zone
There are no limits as to how many vehicles you can register for a temporary exemption, but you will need to submit an individual application and supporting evidence for each vehicle.
These exemptions are available for up to one year (12 months) from the launch of the Clean Air Zone (not from the date you apply), and will allow the vehicle(s) covered by these exemptions to drive through the zone without having to pay the daily charge.
How do I apply?
In order to prove your eligibility for the commercial vehicle finance agreement exemption permit you will need to provide the following:
Proof of financial agreement:
For each vehicle you are seeking an exemption for you will need to provide one of the following:
- Lease agreement
- Finance agreement
For each vehicle you will need to provide one of the following:
- Registered name and address on company letterhead paper
- Companies house registration or VAT registration number
Or in the case of a sole trader one of the following:
- Tax return
- Business insurance
- Liability insurance
- Membership certification from Federation of Small Business (FSB)
- Business bank account statement
- A letter from accountant or solicitor confirming sole trader status (dated in last three months)
What do I do next?
If you believe you meet the eligibility criteria for a financial agreement temporary exemption permit, you should submit an application with your supporting evidence today.
We will confirm whether or not your application has been successful before the launch of the Clean Air Zone.
To receive updates about the Clean Air Zone, sign up to the Brum Breathes newsletter