Businesses, schools, medical practices and community transport
What does it mean for my business?
If your vehicle(s) meet the emission standards for the Clean Air Zone you will not need to pay the daily charge. The emissions standards for the Clean Air Zone are:
- Euro 6 (VI) or better for diesel engines
- Euro 4 or better for petrol engines
- For diesel/petrol electric hybrids the vehicle should meet the relevant emission standards
- Fully electric or hydrogen fuel cell powered vehicles will not need to pay the charge
What exemptions and support are available?
A full list of exemptions can be found on our exemptions page, but there are also temporary exemptions for:
- People who work within the Clean Air Zone
- Commercial vehicles registered within the Clean Air Zone
- Commercial vehicles with existing finance agreements
If your business has non-complaint heavy duty vehicles which are required to pay the daily charge, you may also be eligible for the Heavy Duty Vehicle (HDV) Fund