Clean Air Zones: Creating healthy, inclusive and accessible UK towns and cities.
Join Birmingham City Council, Client Earth and key stakeholders as they discuss the role we all have to play in delivering cleaner air.
In advance of the launch of Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone on 1 June 2021, please join Birmingham City Council and environmental law charity ClientEarth to understand how residents, the business community and other organisations can work together to build on the benefits and changes in travel behaviour the Clean Air Zone is expected to deliver.
Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone is an essential measure to protect the health of people who live, work and travel throughout the area. It is also part of a much bigger plan that will make Birmingham a world-class city that is cleaner, more accessible and an attractive place to visit, live, work and invest in.
Join us on 17 March to hear about:
- How the zone fits with the national government’s plans and legal obligation to tackle air pollution
- The range of support that is available to help individuals and businesses adapt to the zone
- How businesses are preparing for its introduction
- The clean transport alternatives that will become increasingly available in the region
- How the health of people living in and travelling to Birmingham will be improved
Birmingham City Council and ClientEarth will be joined by a range of government, health and business experts with presentations from businesses including National Express, West Midlands Trains, Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce and Midlands-based road haulage company, Little Pot Transport.
We hope you will be able to join us for: Clean Air Zones: Creating healthy, inclusive and accessible UK towns and cities. Places are free and we’re online - making it safe for you to be with us.
This event will be delivered by Birmingham City Council in partnership with ClientEarth. We have appointed Greenfleet, to deliver this interactive gathering of through their event platform.