Charges and operation
Do I need to pay the daily fee?
The Clean Air Zone daily fee applies to all vehicles (except for motorcycles/mopeds) that do not meet the emission standards for the zone and do not have a valid exemption in place.
If your vehicle meets the following criteria you should not need to pay the daily fee:
- Diesel – Euro 6 (VI) standard or better
- Petrol - Euro 4 standard or better
- Gas – Euro 6 (VI) standard or better
- Hybrid electric – the diesel/petrol engine must meet the relevant criteria above
- Full Electric or Zero Emission vehicles
Use the vehicle checker to confirm whether or not your vehicle meets the emission criteria of the zone.
If you believe your vehicle meets the eligibility criteria but is showing as subject to the daily fee, you should contact the central Clean Air Zone support service.