Exemption permits overview
If your vehicle does not meet the emission standards and will be subject to the daily charge for the Clean Air Zone, you may be eligible for a temporary exemption.
Before applying for a temporary exemption permit:
- Check if you are eligible and what documents you need to submit using the links below.
- Read our Terms and Conditions and Guidance Notes
- If applying for a workers exemption please take a moment to read through this Model Workplace Letter which shows the information your letter should provide in support of your application
- Please ensure you submit all the required documentation
- If information is missing, we will contact you which could mean a delay in processing your application.
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic acknowledgement email.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application prior to the Clean Air Zone going live.
- If your application is successful and has been approved your Exemption Permit will be issued closer to the launch date of the Clean Air Zone.
- Please do not contact us for updates until you are notified as to whether your application has been approved or rejects
Find out more
- Exemption permits for residents
- Exemption permits for workers
- Commercial vehicles registered within the Clean Air Zone
- Commercial vehicles with existing finance agreements
- Disabled drivers and blue badge holders
- School and community vehicles
- Medical practice exemptions
- Emergency service vehicles
- Historic and military vehicles
- Recovery vehicles
- FAQs (General)
- FAQs (Exemptions)
- Exemption terms and conditions