Businesses, schools, medical practices and community transport
Exemptions for commercial vehicles
To help businesses get ready for the Clean Air Zone, we are offering two options for temporary exemptions for commercial vehicles which meet certain criteria.
1. Commercial vehicles registered within the Clean Air Zone (you must meet one of the following):
- Have a business address registered within the Clean Air Zone
- Have vehicles registered to the business that will be subject to the daily charge
If your business has more than two vehicles that do not meet the emissions standards for the Clean Air Zone you must register the two newest non-compliant vehicles at the time of application.
2. Commercial vehicles with existing finance agreements that extend beyond the start date of the Clean Air Zone (you must meet one of the following):
- Are a company based at an address within the Clean Air Zone
- Keep or store vehicles overnight at an address within the Clean Air Zone
There is no limit to the number of vehicles that can be exempt per company.
These exemptions are available for up to one year (12 months) from the launch of the Clean Air Zone (not from the date you apply), and will allow the vehicle(s) covered by these exemptions to drive through the zone without having to pay the daily charge.