Heavy Duty Vehicle (HDV) Fund
A £10.05 million Heavy Duty Vehicle (HDV) Fund has been established to support SMEs (Small to Medium-sized Enterprises) get ready for the Clean Air Zone.
The Heavy Duty Vehicle Fund will be administered in accordance with the Subsidy Control Regime
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for the funding, your business must be an SME which has been actively trading for more than 12 months and comply with the following criteria:
- Own or lease Heavy Duty Vehicle(s) that do not meet the Clean Air Zone emission standards
- Eligible non-compliant Heavy Duty Vehicles (N2, N3 and M3 only) must be either:
- Registered and located within Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone or
- Registered and located within the Birmingham City area and conducting commercial operations within Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone or
- Registered and located within the West Midlands area and conducting commercial operations within Birmingham’s Clean Air Zone.
You must also be able to evidence:
- The frequency of entry to the Clean Air Zone based on current operations.
- The current emissions standard of eligible, non-compliant Heavy Duty Vehicle(s).
- The size of the business (Small to Medium sized Enterprise).
- You must not engage in any transactions of upgrading your vehicles until the grant has been approved and both parties have signed the Funding Agreement.
- The grants will be paid in defrayal for each expenditure item.
What can I apply for?
All business sectors can apply for a maximum grant of £180,000 per SME towards:
- Retrofit of non-compliant vehicle(s) – Up to a maximum of £15,000 per vehicle
- Relocation/exit lease costs – Up to a maximum of £15,000 per SME
- Lease of compliant vehicle(s) – A maximum grant contribution of up to £15,000 towards the lease costs of a new or used (Euro 6 diesel or above, Euro 4 petrol or above, electric, hybrid, LPG or biofuel) compliant vehicle, which can include a deposit and lease repayments of up to a maximum of six months
- Purchase of compliant vehicle(s) – A maximum grant contribution of up to £15,000 towards the purchase cost of a new or used (Euro 6 diesel or above, Euro 4 petrol or above, electric, hybrid, LPG or biofuel) compliant vehicle
You can also review the retrofit options for your vehicle through the Energy Saving Trust.
The application process has been broken down into 2 simple stages to make it easy to follow.
To complete the form you will need a BRUM account. Create an account if you don't already have one.