What does it mean for me?
I'm a Hackney Carriage or Private Hire driver
If you are the licensed driver of a Birmingham registered Private Hire or Hackney Carriage you may be able to for one of our financial centive schemes.
- A - £1,000 towards upgrade to Euro 4 petrol or Euro 6 diesel vehicle.
- B – £2,000 towards upgrade to a hybrid electric vehicle (better than a Euro 4/Euro 6 but not a ULEV).
- C – £2,500 towards the running costs of a ULEV.
- D – £5,000 towards a CVRAS accredited retrofit solution.
- E – £5,000 towards the running costs of a ULEV.
Electric Taxi Rental Scheme
In early 2021, Birmingham City Council will launch an electric taxi vehicle scheme in collaboration with a partner organisation which will be available for Birmingham City Council-licensed drivers only. Details of this are still being worked on and will be announced in due course. You can register an expression of interest in this scheme by sending us your contact details via our Feedback Form form and stating 'I would like to find out more about the Electric Taxi Rental Scheme' in the comments box.