What does it mean for me?
I'm a Hackney Carriage or Private Hire driver
If you are the licensed driver of a Birmingham-registered Private Hire or Hackney Carriage vehicle you cannot register your commercial vehicle for a temporary exemption, but you may be able to apply for one of our financial incentive schemes.
- A - £1,000 towards upgrade to Euro 4 petrol or Euro 6 diesel vehicle.
- B – £2,000 towards upgrade to a hybrid electric vehicle (better than a Euro 4/Euro 6 but not a ULEV).
- C – £2,500 towards the running costs of a ULEV.
- D – £5,000 towards a CVRAS accredited retrofit solution.
- E – £5,000 towards the running costs of a ULEV.
- F - £5,000 contribution towards a Euro 4 petrol or Euro 6 diesel (or better) compliant vehicle, unless eligible for the government’s plug-in grant.
Electric Taxi Rental Scheme
Birmingham City Council will launch an electric taxi vehicle scheme in collaboration with a partner organisation which will be available for Birmingham City Council-licensed Hackney Carriage drivers only. Details of this are still being worked on and will be announced in due course.
You can register an expression of interest in this scheme by sending us your contact details via our Feedback Form form and stating 'I would like to find out more about the Electric Taxi Rental Scheme' in the comments box.