Apply for an exemption
Before applying for a temporary exemption permit:
- Check if you are eligible and what documents you need to submit on our Exemption Permits and Additional Incentives page
- Read our terms and conditions and guidance notes
- Please ensure you submit all the required documentation
- If information is missing, we will contact you which could mean a delay in processing your application.
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic acknowledgement email.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application prior to the Clean Air Zone going live.
Please note that only exemption applications are open at this time. Financial support packages, including the scrappage scheme and business grants, will open later in the year.