Community and school transport

Community and school transport vehicles will be exempt from CAZ charges for all years. However, the exemption is not automatic and must be applied for.

To be eligible for this exemption the vehicle must be registered as Section 19 or 22 for operation in Birmingham and not registered as a Hackney Carriage or Private Hire Vehicle. In order to prove your eligibility for the CAZ community vehicle exemption You will need to provide proof of the following:

Vehicle documents

You will need to provide an image or copy of: 

  • V5C document for each eligible non-compliant vehicle

Proof of community vehicle status

You will need to provide one of the following:

  • Section 19 documentation (permit)
  • Section 22 documentation (permit)

You will need to provide the Section 19/22 documentation for each vehicle you wish to exempt. One account holder can apply for multiple permits if you manage a fleet of vehicles.

Apply for an exemption permit