Apply for an exemption
Information on temporary exemption permits
Before applying for a temporary exemption permit:
- Check if you are eligible and what documents you need to submit using the links below.
- Read our Terms and Conditions and Application Guidance
- If applying for a workers exemption please take a moment to read through this Model Workplace Letter which shows the information your letter should provide in support of your application
- Please ensure you submit all the required documentation
- If information is missing, we will contact you which could mean a delay in processing your application.
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive an automatic acknowledgement email.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application prior to the Clean Air Zone going live.
- If your application is successful and has been approved your Exemption Permit will be issued closer to the launch date of the Clean Air Zone.
- Please do not contact us for updates until you are notified as to whether your application has been approved or rejected.
We produce a monthly update on the number of exemption permits which have been approved, broken down by category and month with a cumulative total.
You can log into your exemption account at anytime to check the status and progress of your application or add any additional information.