Pay a Clean Air Zone charge

You can pay a Clean Air Zone charge by calling the National Contact Centre on 0300 029 8888: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 7:00pm Saturday 8:00am to 2:00pm, or you can pay online. Pay a Clean Air Zone charge on the GOV.UK website >

What does it mean for me?

I'm a blue badge holder

Disabled passenger tax class vehicles (tax class 85) are automatically exempt from paying any Clean Air Zone charges. This does not include blue badge holders who will be required to pay the daily charge if their vehicle does not meet the emissions standard and they are not eligible for an exemption.

To apply for disabled tax class and an exemption from paying vehicle tax, you must provide evidence of:

  • Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
  • Enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment
  • War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment

If a blue badge holder does not have a vehicle disabled tax class they may be eligible to apply for a temporary exemption permit as a resident or someone who works within the Clean Air Zone.